Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and allows us to combine our love of books with our love of lists. This week’s topic is, “My Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2019”.
- Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManis
This may or may not be cheating because it came out today, but I’m still including it because I can’t wait to read it! I’ll be starting it as soon as I finish The Poppy War. I’d start it now, but I promised myself that I wouldn’t do the thing where I read multiple books at a time this year because it never ends well.
- The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves #1), by Roshani Chokshi
This one has mystery and secret societies. Also, Roshani Chokshi wrote it. That’s enough to make me want it in my life!
- King of Scars (Nikolai Duology #1), by Leigh Bardugo
It’s set in the Grishaverse! Need I say more? If you don’t know what I’m talking about, go read Six of Crows!
- The Dragon Republic (The Poppy war, #2), by R.F. Kuang
I’m in the middle of The Poppy War right now, and I can already tell that I am going to need the sequel in my life!
- How to Make Friends with the Dark by Kathleen Glasgow
I’ll read literally anything Kathleen Glasgow writes after reading Girl In Pieces. Also, that title is brilliant!
- Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2), by Victoria Schwab
This is the sequel to City of Ghosts which I absolutely adored. Also, Victoria Schwab wrote it, and I’ll read anything she writes!
- The Bone Charmer by Breeana Shields
The title is enough to make me want to read this one. Also, there are psychics!
- Nocturna by Maya Motayne
This one has shape shifters, and mobsters, and forbidden magic! Enough said!
- Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy #1), by Emily A. Duncan
First of all, the title is intriguing. Also, there is magic, and murder, and a girl who can talk to gods!
- On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
This is not the kind of thing I would normally read, but Angie Thomas made it onto my “Must Read Everything List” with The Hate U Give.