I found this tag over on Kira’s Blog, and she tagged everybody, so I thought I’d give it a go! Kira has an awesome bookish blog, and you guys should really go check her out! And now… I have a feeling this is gonna be an extremely long post even by my standards, so let’s get started!
- What was the last book you read?
Uhhh well… This is a scheduled post, but at the time of this writing, the last book I finished was Blue Lily, Lily Blue, which is the third book in The Raven cycle, (aka my current bookish obsession and the reason I am in total fangirl mode.)
- Was it a good one?
- What made it good?
EVERYTHING!!! Ok, ok… I guess if you made me pick one thing that made it awesome, I’d have to go with the characters. They’re just sO amazingly realistic and awesome and unique and mysterious and I LOVE all of them! But especially Ronan! I reeeeeeeally love Ronan! fangirls The writing is also amazing because their are four, sometimes five POV characters, and yet they’re all so unique that there isn’t any confusion over who’s speaking at any given moment. Let’s just say I’ve got a LOT to learn from Maggie Stiefvater about how to pull off multiple POV’s because I’m struggling with that right now!
- Would you recommend it to other people?
Absolutely! You all just need to GO READ IT! actually you should all go read the whole Raven Cycle series because you simply cannot pick up the third book in a series without having read the two books prior to it! That’s like a major bookish crime and one that my little brother is guilty of! He won’t listen to me, but i have a feeling you share my opinion if you read my blog. 😉
- How often do you read?
Everyday if possible and lots more on the weekends.
- Do you like to read?
- What was the last bad book you read?
Ok… The term “bad” bugs me when it’s used to describe a book. There are good books, and there are not so good books, but any book deserves respect. With that out of the way, I’m going to say Born At Midnight, (Shadow Falls, Book 1), since I gave it two stars in my review.
- What made you dislike it?
Ummmm… Just click here to read my review… Basically it was the writing, but I go WAY more in detail.
- Do you wish to be a writer!
Yep! Just look at my blog name! Being a writer is my dream, and I’ll be bringing you all updates on my writing as I do NaNoWriMo this November. And btw… Ya know how I said I was starting a new project for NaNo since “Wishes” was too complicated to write like that? Yeah… I changed my mind again. The outline totally fell into place in my head, and now i cannot wait to write it for NaNoWriMo!
- Has any book ever influenced you greatly?
Definitely! I’m not listing them all here though because that’d take forever…
- Do you read fan fiction?
Sometimes… If I really like a series and want more from that world, I’ll read some fan fics for it. I think I’ve only ever really got hooked on fan fiction for Harry Potter, but The Raven Cycle may drive me to read more!
- Do you write fan fiction?
When I write fan fiction, it’s usually only for a writing warm up for another project. Writing fan fiction for characters I know really well helps me understand things like plot and structure, and then I can apply that to my own work.
- What’s your favorite book?
Really??? That’s like asking a mother to pick a favorite child! I’m gonna be predictable and say Harry Potter, but The raven King may be a close second. Can you tell I love The Raven Cycle yet? I will probably mention it about 50 more times in the remaining questions… Sorry!
- What is your least favorite book?
Things fall Apart by Chinua Achebe is hands down the worst book I have EVER read! I had to read it for school, and I still don’t get it. I hate to down a book like that, but what even was the point of the plot? I passed my English class with the help of sparknotes.com!
- Do you prefer physical books or reading on a device, like a Kindle?
Definitely eBooks! I’m a braille reader, and braille books are gigantic, so if I want floor space left over, I have to read eBooks! I mostly either read Kindle books on my iPad or listen to books from Audible.
- When did you learn to read?
I started learning to read braille when I was four, and I’ve been an avid reader ever since!
- What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
I honestly do not enjoy many books that are required for school, but i’m going to call this a tie between Tuck Everlasting, Number the Stars, Island of the Blue Dolphins, and To Kill A Mockingbird.
- What is your favorite book series?
Harry Potter/The Raven Cycle
- Who is your favorite author?
J. K. Rolling/Maggie Stiefvater
- What is your favorite genre?
Definitely young adult, but more specifically young adult fantasy.
- Who is your favorite character from a book series?
Definitely Ronan from the Raven cycle! I just love him sooooooo much!
- Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
Uhhh yeah… That’s kinda what books do!
- Which book do you wish had a sequel?
Ummm… I can’t actually think of one right now… I haven’t read a stand alone in forever!
- Which book do you wish didn’t have a sequel?
Divergent! If Insurgent had never happened, all would be right in the world!
- How long does it take you to read a book?
two to three days, depending on how much time I have.
- Do you like when books become movies?
Yes, if it’s done right.
- Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
The Lightning Thief! That movie was just NOT right!
- Which movie has done a book justice?
Definitely all the Harry potter movies, and the Hunger Games.
- Do you read newspapers?
No, boring, zzzzzzz….
- Do you read magazines?
Yep, writing and craft magazines mostly.
- Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
- Do you read while in bed?
I almost always read in bed.
- Do you read while on the toilet?
Yep… My iPad usually goes to the bathroom with me, I’m ashamed to admit… 😳
- Do you read while in the car?
Yep. I usually listen to audio books on long car trips.
- Do you read while in the bath?
Nope… I’d most likely end up dropping my iPad in the water, and that would be a sad day!
- Are you a fast reader?
- Are you a slow reader?
Ummmmmm… No. 🙂
- Where is your favorite place to read?
Curled up in the window seat with my kitty.
- Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
Nope… Reading makes me tune everything out for a while.
- Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
- Who gave you your love for reading?
My mom and dad always read to me while I was little, and then my grandma introduced me to audio books, and I just never stopped loving books.
- What book is next on your list to read?
After I finish The Raven King, I plan to start Girl In Pieces by Kathleen Glasco.
- When did you start to read chapter books?
Probably in second grade or so.
- Who is your favorite children’s book author?
- Which author would you most like to interview?
Either J. K. Rolling or Maggie Stiefvater!
- Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
Magie Stiefvater or Kami Garcia.
- What book have you reread the most?
Definitely the Harry Potter Books.
- Which books do you consider “classics?”
Anything that has an important historical or moral message and that is taught over and over again in school.
- Which book do you think should be taught in all schools?
Anything that gets students interested in reading. If Harry Potter could be taught in school, that would be awesome!
- Which books should be banned from all schools?
I don’t think any book should be banned from anywhere because books are sacred!
Anybody brave enough and with enough patients to tackle fifty questions! If you do it, drop me a link so i can see all your bookish answers, and does anyone wanna count how many times I mentioned The Raven cycle?
From Cheyenne 🙂
2 thoughts on “The Fifty Bookish Questions Tag”
I will be participating in NaNoWriMo as well! This will be my first time doing it, I didn’t know it exited until this summer. I love the Harry Potter series! And I’m ashamed that I haven’t read the Raven Cycle, YET.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yay! I’m so glad you decided to give NaNo a try! And I kept avoiding The Raven Cycle for a long time, but it’s quickly becoming my new favorite series! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person