This tag is so ridiculously late that it’s extremely awkward to post it now… I thought I was doing really good with getting stuff out on time and even scheduled a few things over Christmas break, but it turns out that every single post I wrote went to my drafts instead of publishing to my blog. I don’t know if something updated, something decided not to play nice with a screen reader, or if it was just an idiotic operator error on my part, but yeah… I almost took over all your inboxes by hitting post all, but I thought better of it, which explains why you’re getting a Christmas tag after Christmas. I am also very sorry to Lia and everyone else participating in Short Story Society! All of my short stories were in those posts that went to drafts. They are now for sure scheduled to post over the next few days, but I had a couple things like this that had to go out in a specific time frame.
I saw this tag floating around youTube, (it’s actually called The Author Tube Christmas Tag), and decided to do it because I had some super fun answers for my characters! It was originally created by Living Within Fiction, and the rules are simple: just answer the questions given for a character of your choosing! I’m not tagging anyone because it’s so late, but feel free to do it and leave me a link in the comments if you want!
- What would your main character’s favorite Christmas song be?
Umm… My main character would avoid Christmas music like the plague.
- Pick one of your characters. What would be on their Christmas wish list?
Nico would be quite happy with a new knife or sketchbook.
- Which one of your characters, as an adult, would still believe in Santa Claus?
Honestly probably none of them… I guess Diana would be the most likely, but she’d only do it to irritate her sister.
- Would your MC drink eggnog? If not, what would their Christmas go-to drink be?
I’m just gonna do all my POV characters!
Nico would only drink it if it was mixed with alcohol or Bliss, which is a magical drug that I made up.
Ela might drink the kind that has those weird sweet flavors like coconut and stuff in it.
Adam would be more likely to drink something like a peppermint mocha.
- Out of all of your characters, who would be the best gift giver?
Definitely Adam or Ela! They’d both put a lot of thought into the gifts for the people they cared about.
- Your MC got a gift that he/she hated. What would he/she do?
Well Nico doesn’t ever show much emotion, so you’d never know he hated it unless you really knew him well!
- Does your MC sleep in on Christmas, or wake up early with excitement?
Nico gets up insanely early every day.
Ela would be the one you’d have to drag out of bed.
Adam would be cool with whatever.
- What would be your MC’s favorite part about the Holidays?
Nico would be excited to get out of school, but he’d also hate having to go to all his family gatherings.
Adam would love all the shaman rituals and traditions.
Ela would love being out of school and getting to party with her friends.
- Your MC and his/her love interest step under the mistletoe. What happens?
Nico and his love interest, (I am not telling who it is), would just look at each other, and laugh, and look away, and then they’d probably just walk off in opposite directions because their rebels like that.
Adam and his love interest would kiss because that’s just what you do under mistletoe.
- Which of your characters would you find in the kitchen making Christmas treats?
Definitely Raquel Blackthorn! She’s kind of the grandmother of the whole group.
- Lastly, a question for the author. What are some of your favorite books to read during the holidays?
Harry Potter!!! I’ve spent the last couple days reading Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.