So I’m gonna be a rebel and announce a writing contest instead of screaming happy New Year like everybody else in the Blogosphere! Remember this post that I wrote forever ago? This is the follow up for that with the somewhat more finalized rules. Just keep reading if you wanna have some fun and start 2017 off with some good writing…
- Every word written during the month of January counts as a point for your Harry Potter house. You can write literally anything you want as long as it’s creative. Even blog posts can count if you wanna get a jump on scheduling posts! And if you’re like me, and you have a giant mess of a thing you’re calling a novel to edit, you can go by NaNoWriMo rules and count each hour of editing as 1000 words!
- You need to be following me, Trisha, Megan, and Tanya on our blogs to see important updates.
- Make sure you follow the challenge account on Twitter @HPWritingCup so you can join the chats and share your progress.
- We’ll host weekly tweet chats about writing and give opportunities for bonus points. Right now the chats will be held on January 7, 14, 21, and 28, (those are all Saturdays), at 9 AM CST. You can join us with #HPWritingCup to share your progress and talk about writerly things.
- You must be nice to each other! I don’t think I have to say this since we writers are mostly peaceful creatures, but I’ll put it out there anyway… This challenge is open to anyone and everyone who wants to have fun writing. If you are caught criticizing someone, I will Avada Kedavra you, (aka find the block button and use it!)
The main goal here is to have fun and kickoff 2017 with lots of writing. There really aren’t many rules. We’re not the word police, so this is a stress free writing zone! Let’s ring in the new year by writing all the words!!!